With its impressive 105 dB signal-to-noise ratio, the ULW-16 delivers pristine audio transmission for broadcast-quality recordings. It has 16 channels to choose from to help avoid interference. Up to five systems (or more in optimum conditions) can be used simultaneously in the same location.
The transmitter features a variable-level control that adjusts the level of transmission. It’s also equipped with a line input that enables the transmission of devices such as an audio mixer. The receiver features an 1/8″ line output and included XLR cable for professional cameras. It also includes a cable for DSLR and consumer camcorders that have a 1/8” mic input. A headphone jack and volume control allows you to monitor the transmission signal in real time at a comfortable volume.
This ULW-16 system includes a PL-4 omnidirectional 0.20″ lavalier microphone for flexible positioning options and excellent wind-noise rejection. The included windscreen can be used to reduce vocal plosives (pops) and wind noise.
The system operates in the UHF 500 MHz bandwidth, assuring that it is “future proof” and meets current and known future FCC regulations.
With features like easy-to-read LED indicators, front-panel access to batteries, and included accessories to support operation, Polsen’s ULW-16 is designed with the user in mind. Professionals and enthusiasts alike will benefit from its ease of operation, sensible ergonomics, and portability.
- Engineered for Versatility
- The many professional features of the ULW-16 make it an ideal wireless system for a variety of production applications, including electronic field production (EFP), DSLR video, event coverage, training videos, and classroom or corporate presentations
- Best-In-Class Sound Quality
- The ULW-16 easily outperforms its competitors with a greater than 105 dB signal-to-noise ratio, and better than 95 dB of dynamic range for pristine audio transmission and output
- Frequency-Agile System
- The 16-channel ULW-16 wireless system allows operators to quickly and effortlessly switch channels in order to locate a clear channel
- Headphone Monitoring with Level Control
- Transmissions can be monitored at a comfortable level from the receiver’s headphone output in real time, without the latency that often occurs when monitoring via a camera’s headphone output
- Omnidirectional Lavalier Microphone
- The omnidirectional polar pattern is ideal for video applications because it offers flexible placement options, and allows for head movement without affecting the sound
- Line-Level Output
- The receiver features a line-level output for the best possible signal-to-noise ratio. Using the included 1/8″ (3.5mm) male to XLR male cable, the ULW-16 receiver can be connected to a professional video camera, recorder, or other line-level device
- Line-to-Mic Attenuator Cable
- The included line-to-mic level-attenuator cable is designed to attach the output of the receiver to camcorders, DSLRs or other devices with a mic-level input
- Variable Level Control
- The variable level control on the transmitter assures that sufficient level is being transmitted to the receiver to achieve the best signal-to-noise ratio throughout the signal path
- Portable Receiver
- The receiver can be mounted onto a standard shoe mount of a DSLR or video camera
- Compact and Lightweight
- Weighing approximately 3 ounces, the transmitter can be easily concealed on a subject by attaching it with the included belt clip, or placing it in a pocket
- Front-Panel Access to Batteries
- Both the receiver and transmitter feature front-panel access to the battery compartment so you can change the batteries even when the system is counted and wired up
- LED Indicators
- The RF LED on the receiver illuminates indicating there is a signal on the selected channel. LED channel indicators make the channel number easy to see even in dim lighting conditions. The transmitter’s TX LED glows red to indicate that the unit is transmitting
- 1/4″-20 Threaded Socket
- The standard 1/4″-20 threaded socket provides a variety of mounting options
- Included Accessories
- The included tie clip provides a variety of discreet microphone-placement options and can be used to attach the microphone to a collar, necktie, or costume, while the included windscreen reduces wind noise and vocal plosives (pops). The integrated belt clip secures the transmitter to the talent and allows it to be discreetly hidden under a garment or costume, and the standard shoe mount with locking wheel easily and securely attaches to most cameras.
- One-Way Communication Application
- The ULW-16 can be used as a one-way voice-communication system for stage directions and talent cueing
- Future Proof
- The ULW-16 system operates in the UHF 500 MHz bandwidth assuring that it is “future proof” and meets current and known future FCC regulations.
- Protective Carrying Case
- The ULW-16 wireless system includes a sturdy protective carrying case making transport effortless. Inside, custom foam enclosures secure the components and protect them from impact, and solid external construction will withstand the rigors of road use
|Package Weight||2.4 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||11.7 x 8.9 x 3.0″|